In this year-end edition: How far we’ve come; Top 10 new posts of 2022 and most recently; Still going strong, our most-read classic posts; Events, self-paced training, and media
How far we’ve come
It hardly seems possible, but Leading with Outcomes: Foundation only came into being this year. It launched in February, and a significantly updated second version came out as recently as November. The big surprise for me was how much I enjoyed creating and even re-doing it, and teaching it interactively has been a blast too. Far from being dull, there can be something deeply satisfying about going back to basics.
April saw Big changes for the Agendashift Academy, moving from per-module pricing to an all-you-can-eat subscription model. Affordable to the subscriber and easier for me to administer, it’s a win-win! In July we announced Authorised Facilitator and Trainer Programmes for Leading with Outcomes and so far we have held two Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F) events. We’ve had multiple facilitators up and running since September (essentially this replaces the old partner programme) and the first few trainers are coming onstream now, more about them in the new year. For details of the next TTT/F in February, check Events below.
I have a vulnerable family member, and nearly everything I’ve done work-wise since early 2020 has been done from home. Hugely grateful therefore to have both a supportive wife and a great room (“the studio”) to work from. Glad also though to be planning my first trip abroad since Covid, and it’s to a favourite destination, Berlin. If you want useful feedback, go to Berlin! The last time I went (2019) resulted in Good Obstacle, Bad Obstacle and that’s now a fixture; who knows what will happen this time (February 7-8)?
Also looking ahead to next year, this week I delivered (at the second attempt) the manuscript for Patterns of Generative Conversations, to be published soonish as part of the BMI Series in Dialogic Organization Development. I’ll have more to say about it when it is released, but suffice it to say that having something Agendashift-related published here represents a significant milestone.
So an exciting 2022 and much to look forward to. Wishing you the same for 2023!
Top 10 new posts of 2022 and most recently
- What I really think about Kanban (April)
- A new (alternate) Outside-in Strategy Review template (July)
- 15-minute FOTO, version 12 (May)
- Celebration-5W version 7 (January)
- Out of beta, Leading with Outcomes: Foundation goes fully live today (April)
- On values, meaningfulness, and change – parallels with Bateson and Mead (May)
- Agendashift’s three meta strategies (February, with an update in March)
- If you want to understand scaling… (July, part 2 also)
- Six commitments: Putting the ‘Deliberate’ into the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation (August, part 2 also)
- Video: Leading and Transforming with Outcomes (March)
Recent popular posts:
- From “What did you do yesterday?” to something better (November)
- Sell the pain, not the solution, the theory, or the blame (December)
- What does ChatGPT know about Agendashift? (December)
- Your organisation in 5 networks (November)
- Leaders as keepers of context (September)
Still going strong, our most-read classic posts
Not including one perennial pre-Agendashift post that I’ll celebrate next month on its tenth anniversary:
- My favourite Clean Language question (January 2019)
- Better user stories start with authentic situations of need (October 2016)
- ‘Right to Left’ works for Scrum too (July 2018)
- From Reverse STATIK to a ‘Pathway’ for continuous transformation (October 2019)
- I’m really enjoying Challenge Mapping (June 2020)
- You can’t deliver a task (August 2018)
Updates to events, self-paced training, and media
- Events: Added Berlin, 7-8 February
- Self-paced training: delayed in favour of the re-recorded Foundation, the Adaptive Organisation module is back in production, to be released early next year
- Media: interviewed by Jeff Keyes of Atlassian, December 11th
- 12 January, online, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar/AMA: How do we keep bringing outcomes to the foreground?
- 02 February, online, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar/AMA: Where – and where else – could we be doing strategy?
- 7-8 February, Berlin, Germany:
Leading with Outcomes
- 14-22 February, Online, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons (UK time):
Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F)
- 7-9 March, online (Zoom), 14:00-16:30GMT, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation
- 08 March, online, 09:30GMT, 10:30CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar with guests Stephen Dowling & friends: Outcomes before solutions?
- 18-26 April, Live online, 12pm-4pm EST Tuesdays and Wednesdays, April 18, 19, 25, 26 2023:
Creating Generative Conversations by Leading with Outcomes
Mike Burrows, part of the Cape Cod Institute’s BMI Series in dialogic organisation development
- 6-8 June, 6-8 June, online (Zoom), 09-11:30 BST:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation
All included in your Agendshift for Individuals subscription, the four modules of Leading with Outcomes:
- Leading with Outcomes: Foundation (available also interactively, see Events above)
- Inside-out Strategy: Fit for maximum impact
- Outside-in Strategy: Positioned for success
- Adaptive Organisation: Business agility at every scale (in production, coming soon)
- 2022-12-14, video, podcast:
Leading the change: Strategies to achieve enterprise agility
Mike Burrows interviewed by Jeff Keyes of Atlassian
- 2022-11-07, video, conference talk:
In times of change, what scales better than process?
SEACON GLOBAL 2022 PT2
- 2022-09-09, video, podcast:
Steven Mackenzie interviewed by Dan Gibson for Add Agility
- 2022-09-09, video, interview:
Agree on outcomes before solutions: How to connect agile delivery with organisational strategy
Mike Burrows interviewed by Tony Ponton for remote:af
- 2022-07-25, audio, podcast:
Mike Burrows – The Importance Of Focusing On Outcomes
Mike Burrows interviewed by Scott Fulton for Rebel Diaries
Agendashift™: Serving the transforming organisation
Links: Home | Subscribe | Events | Media | Contact | Mike
Agendashift Academy: Leading with Outcomes | Facilitator and Trainer Programmes
We help leaders and engaged team members at every level to gain fluency in the language of outcomes – developing and pursuing strategies together, innovating, learning, and adapting as the organisation renews and transforms itself from the inside.