In this edition: My SEACON talk; Next week; Coming to Berlin; 15-minute FOTO in Danish; Allan Kelly’s Writing OKRs masterclass; Upcoming; Top posts
My SEACON talk
It was my first in-person conference talk since Covid and I was the first speaker up at SEACON Global 2022 Part 2 (there was a Part 1 earlier this year which I attended as a guest – thank you Barry Chandler!).
The recording is only 16 minutes long and if you watch to the end there’s a reward for being good 🙂
Channel link: SEACOM Global
Busy week next week! The first two sessions of Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F) take place on Monday and Tuesday evening UK time, the last two the same evenings the following week.
And on Thursday at 15:00 GMT, the first of our new monthly webinar series, The questions that drive us. We kick off with What if we put agreement on outcomes ahead of solutions? Expect a short presentation followed by an AMA (ask Mike anything) session. In January and February we’ll do How do we keep bringing outcomes to the foreground? and Where – and where else – could we be doing strategy? before cycling back to the first question. For that March session we’re joined from Australia by guests Stephen Dowling and friends.
Series link: The questions that drive us
Coming to Berlin
On the 7th and 8th of February I’ll be in Berlin for my first in-person Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F). My hosts Leanovate will put up a booking page in the new year; before then if you would like to register your interest just let me know.
15-minute FOTO in Danish
Johannes Klose Andersen has translated the cue card for our Clean Language-inspired coaching game 15-minute FOTO into Danish. Subscribe via that link and you’ll find a DK folder in the 15-minute FOTO Dropbox.
Allan Kelly’s Writing OKRs masterclass
You may remember that I wrote the foreword to Allan Kelly’s 2021 book Succeeding with OKRs in Agile: How to create & deliver objectives & key results for teams. On December 12th he’s doing a 2-hour masterclass Writing OKRs; coupon code
Agendashift20 will get you 20% off. Enjoy!
- As mentioned above, there will be an in-person Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator in Berlin on February 7th and 8th, booking page to follow.
- The interactive version of Leading with Outcomes: Foundation now comprises three sessions of two and a half hours each (up from two hours, same pricing). The next one takes place in March.
- 5-13 December, Online, Monday and Tuesday evenings (UK time):
Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F)
- 08 December, online, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar/AMA: What if we put agreement on outcomes ahead of solutions?
- 12 January, online, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar/AMA: How do we keep bringing outcomes to the foreground?
- 02 February, online, 15:00GMT, 16:00CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar/AMA: Where – and where else – could we be doing strategy?
- 7-9 March, online (Zoom), 14:00-16:30GMT, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation
- 08 March, online, 09:30GMT, 10:30CET, 10am ET:
Free webinar with guests Stephen Dowling & friends: Outcomes before solutions?
Mike Burrows, Stephen Dowling & friends
- 18-26 April, Live online, 12pm-4pm EST Tuesdays and Wednesdays, April 18, 19, 25, 26 2023:
Creating Generative Conversations by Leading with Outcomes
Part of the Cape Cod Institute’s BMI Series in dialogic organisation development
- Better user stories start with authentic situations of need (October 2016)
- My favourite Clean Language question (January 2019)
- ‘Right to Left’ works for Scrum too (July 2018)
Agendashift™: Serving the transforming organisation
Links: Home | Subscribe | Events | Contact | Mike
Agendashift Academy: Leading with Outcomes | Facilitator and Trainer Programmes
We help leaders and engaged team members at every level to gain fluency in the language of outcomes – developing and pursuing strategies together, innovating, learning, and adapting as the organisation renews and transforms itself from the inside.