Out now: chapter 3 of Adaptive Organisation, the fourth and final module of Leading with Outcomes. This latest chapter, Mutual Trust Building, completes part I, for which a certificate of completion applies.
Part I, Business agility at every scale covers the three overlapping “spaces” of the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation, an accessible, “start where you are”, and complexity-conscious rendition of the Viable System Model:
- Delivery, Discovery, and Renewal:
- Inside value creation’s inner learning loop
- Turning intent into progress, and experiments into intelligence and insights
- Reconciling Agile and business agility
- Adaptive Strategy:
- Making organising commitments, autonomy at every scope and scale
- Understanding self and environment, creating and managing options accordingly
- Actively maintaining coherent identity, purpose, and values
- Mutual Trust Building:
- Models of trust-building leadership
- The systemic role of trust
- Sensemaking – making meaningful progress in the presence of ambiguity
The Deliberately Adaptive Organisation as described in part I is already a fractal, “every scale” model. Nevertheless, when it comes to challenges of scale, there is still plenty to talk about that is not well covered elsewhere. What should be happening between scales? How can we think less statically about structure and process? How do we get the organisation engaged on all of this?
With all of that on the agenda, Part II, Between spaces, scopes, and scales should begin its rollout in the coming days, one chapter at a time:
- Between and across scales:
- Navigating formal structure
- Your organisation in 5 networks
- Between and across scales: Structuring, connecting, translating, and reconciling
- Organising at human scale
- Thinking in circles – organising without reorganising
- Teaming and re-teaming
- The developmental organisation
- Possibility and purpose
- Conversations on organisation in the language of outcomes
- Developing and pursuing strategy
Read on to find out how to access Adaptive Organisation!
Leading with Outcomes from the Agendashift Academy
“Leadership and strategy in the transforming organisation”
Leading with Outcomes is our modular curriculum in leadership and organisation development. Each module is available as self-paced online training or as private, instructor-led training (online or in-person). Certificates of completion or participation according to format. Its four modules in the recommended order:
- Leading with Outcomes: Foundation
- Inside-out Strategy: Fit for maximum impact
- Outside-in Strategy: Positioned for success
- Adaptive Organisation: Business agility at every scale (parts I and II, a certificate for each)
Individual subscriptions from £24.50 per month, business subscriptions from £269 per month, with discounts available on both kinds of plan for employees and employers in the government, healthcare, education, and non-profit sectors.
See below for public training events, discounted for subscribers.
To deliver Leading with Outcomes yourself, see our Authorised Facilitator and Trainer Programmes. Our next TTT/F training takes place in May.
With me (Mike Burrows) unless otherwise indicated
- 04 April, online, 15:00BST, 16:00CEST, 10am EDT:
Free webinar/AMA: How do we keep bringing outcomes to the foreground?
- 16-24 May, Online, Tuesday & Wednesday mornings (UK time):
Leading with Outcomes: Train-the-Trainer/Facilitator (TTT/F)
- 6-8 June, 6-8 June, online (Zoom), 14:00-16:30 BST:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation
- 20-22 June*, London, UK:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation and Adaptive Organisation (I) & (II)
- 20 June*, London, UK:
Leading with Outcomes: Foundation (London)
- 21 June*, London, UK:
Adaptive Organisation (I): Business agility at every scale (London)
- 22 June*, London, UK:
Adaptive Organisation (II): Between spaces, scopes, and scales (London)
*For the June events indicated with an asterisk, see Three days in sunny June, London – and note the recent date change!
Agendashift™: Serving the transforming organisation
Links: Home | Subscribe | Events | Media | Contact | Mike
Agendashift Academy: Leading with Outcomes | Facilitator and Trainer Programmes
We help leaders and engaged team members at every level to gain fluency in the language of outcomes – developing and pursuing strategies together, innovating, learning, and adapting as the organisation renews and transforms itself from the inside.