In this edition: Media – recordings, articles, etc; November Deep Dive; Updates to Celebration-5W; Progress on the 2nd edition; Top posts
Media – recordings, articles, etc
Released this month:
- Webinar recording: Good obstacle, bad obstacle: The recording
- Podcast: Agile Uprising Podcast: Right to Left with Mike Burrows (agileuprising.libsyn.com)
- Article: Outside-in and Right-to-Left: 2 Perspectives on Strategy Deployment(cutter.com)
I’ve taken the opportunity to gather these and similar resources from the past year or more on a new media page, agendashift.com/media. Over time I’ll add dig out some Agendashift-era conference recordings etc also. If you have any favourites you think I should add, let me know!
Thanks for those I’ve added so far go to the Cutter Consortium, Jay Hrcsko (Agile Uprising podcast), Martin Aziz & team (SquirrelNorth), Joe Auslander & Jakub Jurkiewicz (Joekub podcast), Ben Linders (InfoQ), Rahul Bhattacharya (Agile Atelier podcast), Mo Hagar (Agile on the Edge podcast), John Rouda (A Geek Leader podcast), Paul Klipp & Justyna Pindel (Agile Book Club podcast).
November Deep Dive
17th-20th November: Agendashift Deep Dive: Coaching and leading continuous transformation – eight 2-hour sessions over four days, EMEA-friendly timing. A practical, hands-on experience of Agendashift, the wholehearted outcome-oriented, engagement model.
All the usual discounts apply: repeat visits (not uncommon), partners, gov, edu, non-profit, country, un- or under-employment, bulk orders. If you think that one might apply to you, do please ask. We have a quorum already but the more the merrier.
Updates to Celebration-5W
There is a new version 4 deck for our workshop kickoff exercise, Celebration-5W. Like most of our exercises, games, templates etc it is Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA) and you can obtain it via its resource page agendashift.com/celebration-5w.
The main changes:
- I’ve tweaked a key slide – see the image below – to suggest some initial iteration between When and What; the discussion (if not its later presentation) begins here
- Unhiding the initial slides for facilitators – they weren’t showing up in Dropbox
- In those initial slides for facilitators, the quote from Agendashift is now from the pending 2nd edition (more on that in a moment)
Progress on the 2nd edition
A couple of blog posts this month flow from (among other things) work on the 2nd edition of Agendashift:
From the second of those, nearly 3 weeks old now:
I’ll be pulling out all the stops, integrating (as Agendashift has done consistently for a long time) ideas and experience from Lean-Agile, organisation development, and strategy
Glad to report that this work on the 5th and final chapter is not only well underway, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! Just a few more sections and I’ll have a first complete draft and I’ll be at the “90% done and still half the work to do” stage. I’m not quoting dates yet but quarter 1 of 2021 seems very doable.
- How I choose my models
- Still not a fan of the PDCA cycle or the continuous improvement initiative
- Good obstacle, bad obstacle: The recording
- 15-minute FOTO, latest v9 deck
- What I really think about Scrum
- My favourite Clean Language question (January 2019)
- The language of outcomes: 2. Framing obstacles (January 2020)
- The language of outcomes: 1. Identifying the adaptive challenge (January 2020)
- The language of outcomes: 4. Organising outcomes (February 2020)
- Stringing it together with Reverse Wardley (February 2019)
Agendashift™, the wholehearted engagement model
Links: Home | About | Our mission: Wholehearted | Become an Agendashift partner | Assessments | Books | Resources | Media | Events | Contact | Mike | Subscribe
Workshops: Transformation strategy | Transformation strategy | Short training
Blog: Monthly roundups | Classic posts
Community: Slack | LinkedIn group | Twitter