In this edition: Agendashift Academy update; The 1967 manifesto for the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation; Get unstuck and get going; Upcoming; Top posts
Agendashift Academy update
What really happened: on the brink of releasing a new intermediate-level self-paced training module Outside-in Strategy with Outcomes, we decided that it would be much better to revisit Leading with Outcomes, our first self-paced training module. A big decision not taken lightly! As part of a significant pivot for the Academy itself, we’re now re-recording it, repositioning it for a much broader audience.
We’re adding, not taking away, and if you’re a practitioner of some kind (the main audience for the first version) there’s still plenty to be had from the second version. Still the familiar and well-tested exercises, but every session now connecting with leadership, speaking to a specific leadership theme, and with practical takeaways for leaders at all levels of experience. We think of it now as doing something foundational for transformational leadership, the Academy aimed squarely at “leadership and strategy in the transforming organisation”.
What to expect:
- We’ll release each session of the new Leading with Outcomes as it becomes available, the first one mid-November and the remaining three sessions at intervals of a couple of weeks (ish). While it remains incomplete (we know that some of you like to binge on these things) we’ll offer it at a discount.
- As a thank you and in the hope of fresh feedback, past purchasers of the old one – even those whose purchases have now expired – will be granted access to the new one up to the end of January 2022
- We’ll announce the next interactive workshop Coaching with Outcomes soon, conducted now over four sessions to match Leading with Outcomes – you can take them in either order but you’ll be encouraged to take them together as cohort-based training, publicly or privately
- The two in combination effectively replace the first half of the old Agendashift Deep Dive; its eventual replacement will go quite a bit further, covering the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation also
- A re-recorded Outside-in Strategy with Outcomes (intermediate) and a new Transforming with Outcomes (advanced) will follow in the early months of 2022; complementing them will be more interactive workshops both old and new
As allowed by the quantity and growth rate of the content – soon if we hit our stride as we expect – we plan to move to a subscription model, covering what will be an ever-growing portfolio of self-paced material and offering substantial discounts on interactive workshops. Meanwhile, we’re putting in place the infrastructure to better support corporate purchasers also.
Let me finish this update with a massive thank you to everyone who gave feedback on LwO version 1. Highly encouraging for the most part, and we took to heart your ideas for improvement. We think you’ll love version 2 – not just a refinement but a bold step!
The 1967 manifesto for the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation
The first of two more-than-usually successful blog posts this month:
It has provoked some interesting conversations and no doubt I’ll be returning to the topic soon.
Get unstuck and get going
The second of those posts was this one:
For “Practice Outcomes” (the name of a warmup exercise), now think “5% Outcomes, 15% Outcomes”. Typically we do it just before doing 15-minute FOTO for the first time, and an updated 15-minute FOTO will make reference to it. There’s another change in the wings to come on top of that, so watch out for version 11 soon.
Per my Academy update above, there are still no workshops in the calendar but we’ll be addressing that soon. Other events:
- 09 November, online meetup, Smidig group:
The Agendashift Delivery Assessment – starting conversations in business agility
Mike Burrows, Kjell Tore Guttormsen
- 17 November, Online meetup – Tight-Loose-Tight group:
Tight-Loose-Tight － an evolution of OKR
Mike Burrows, Kjell Tore Guttormsen, Kumar Dattatreyan
- 1-3 December, online, ProjeXplorer Virtual Summit, PMI Bulgaria Chapter:
Keynote: Up and down the Deliberately Adaptive Organisation
- 14 December, online meetup, Agile Brigade group:
Leading and Transforming with Outcomes
- The 1967 Manifesto for The Deliberately Adaptive Organisation
- Get unstuck and get going: Starting small with 5% and 15% outcomes
- My favourite Clean Language question (January 2019)
- I’m really enjoying Challenge Mapping (June 2020)
- Celebration-5W version 6, “your next big breakthrough” (September)
What if we put authentic agreement on meaningful outcomes ahead of solutions?
Welcome to Agendashift™, the wholehearted engagement model
Links: Home | About | Our mission: Wholehearted | Become an Agendashift partner | Assessments | Books | Resources | Media | Events | Contact | Mike | Subscribe
Academy: Home | Store
Blog: Monthly roundups | Classic posts
Community: Slack | LinkedIn group | Twitter